AutoTasks can be accessed from a number of places within IFP:
All AutoTask types can be run from the AutoTask Manager.
- From IFP Home select Databases/Files > AutoTask Manager.
- Select the AutoTask to run.
- Click Run.
Data File Manager
Data File AutoTasks (Import, Export or Copy) can be run from the Data File Manager.
- From IFP Home select Databases/Files > Data File Manager.
- From the AutoTasks dropdown on the toolbar, select either Run or Open (to step through).
- Select the type of AutoTask to Run/Open.
- Select the AutoTask to run and click OK.
From a Starred Item
Click the required AutoTask Starred Item from the IFP Home Databases/Files menu. For information on how to add an AutoTask as a Starred Item, see Starred Items on IFP Home.
How to Run
- Open the AutoTask Run screen for the appropriate AutoTask from one of the above locations.
- Review the settings for the AutoTask. If these are as expected, Run AutoTask.
- Check that the AutoTask has run successfully by viewing the results in the Output window.
- If required, you can Save Results, including the settings of the AutoTask.
You can also step through an AutoTask to see the settings in place and run the process manually without having to set the settings. See How to Edit an AutoTask.
Please sign in to leave a comment.