IFP AutoTasks allow you to carry out complex but repetitive tasks with little or no user interaction. AutoTasks can be:
- a single task such as importing actual sales data
- or multiple tasks such as importing new item codes from SAP, importing actual sales data, applying various item code mapping models then building Project output
Each AutoTask can be executed from within IFP with just a couple of clicks, making them especially useful for weekly or monthly processes that involve multiple tasks.
Current AutoTask types are:
- Importing of Item Codes
- Importing of Data Files
- Building of Project Output
- Applying of Data Models
IFP 3.2 will add the following new AutoTask types:
- Creating Database Backups
- MultiTasks - allows a list of list of AutoTasks to be executed in sequence
Creating an AutoTask
Creating an AutoTask is easy - simply step through the relevant options as normal (e.g. for Importing actual sales data, go to Data File Manager > Import). You will be offered the option to save as an AutoTask, e.g. 'Import actual sales data from SAP'.
Running an AutoTask
AutoTasks may be run (executed) in two ways:
- Run from AutoTask Manager
- or from IFP Home as a favourite
An important point is that this does not require any assistance from IT support.
- Most AutoTasks can only be run or edited by Local Administrators or above - as defined by Group Policies.
- All AutoTask activity is logged