The simplest way to create and edit a Forecast is using the Standard Actual/Forecast Editor and File Summary Actual/Forecast Editor. This uses the knowledge that the user has to produce the correct forecast.
Further information on using Editors can be found in Editing Cells in Forecast Editors, Editing Forecast ASPs and Saving Amended Values in Forecast Editors.
Creating the Forecast
- From IFP Home, select Forecasting > Editors > Standard Actual/Forecast Editor or File Summary Actual/Forecast Editor.
- Select Custom File Selection.
- Choose the Files, Period Options, Variance (File Summary only) and Data to Amend and Enter
- Select a Report Definition if required.
- Use Item Selection to select the items to include in the report.
- Choose the Level of Detail (normally Item Code)
- Choose the Currency and Units options you require.
- Press Finish.
Standard Actual/Forecast Editor
In this editor, data can be entered monthly, quarterly or annually. IFP will split a quarterly or annual total pro-rata across the corresponding months.
File Summary Actual/Forecast Editor
In this editor, data can either be entered annually or by changing the variances (if this option has been selected). The data types you are able to adjust will vary depending on the Data to Amend and Data to Enter that were selected.
Please sign in to leave a comment.