Seasonal factors can be edited using the Seasonal Factors Editor. This enables users to enter their own set of factors independently of those calculated from historical data. Manual editing of seasonal factors is clearly essential for new products which have limited historical data available.
Seasonal Factors Editor
Warning: This is an advanced tool. We recommend that Seasonal Factors Estimation is used wherever possible.
- From IFP Home select Forecasting > Seasonal Factors Editor
- Select the Seasonal Factors which require editing, e.g. PACILON and select Properties
- Click on the cell you wish to edit and change the value. This could be any of the Seasonal Factor, Seasonal Index or % Annual Total columns.
- Select Auto Adjust Values. This adjusts all the months on a pro-rata basis so that the total is correct, i.e. the % annual total is 100%.
- By clicking OK this closes the dialog box and saves the changes.