The Apply Data Model AutoTask feature allows you to apply Classification Variable values to item codes using an automated process, rather than Applying Item Code Mapping Models manually.
Once the fields have been mapped, the actual data will match the expected field mappings. In this way, the AutoTask can be used in a MultiTask to import and map new codes and values.
Create the AutoTask
As with all AutoTasks, you first need to check that the process runs manually - see Applying Item Code Mapping Models. Once you have done this:
- Launch the Item Codes Maintenance wizard again.
- Select an Item Favourite.
- Select a Conversion Table and one or more data column(s)
- Click Save As AutoTask, saving in a Public File.
Run the AutoTask
When you run the AutoTask, IFP will apply the Classification Variable mapping(s) to the database using all of the options previously selected, without requiring further interaction.
See How to Run AutoTasks for the different ways that you can run AutoTasks in IFP.
As with other AutoTasks, there are some common issues you should be aware of when applying the Item Code Mapping Data Models AutoTask:
I don't see a Save as AutoTask button
This is most likely because you have not used an Item Favourite. Restart the Item Codes Maintenance Wizard and click Load Item Favourite.
I can't find AutoTasks in IFP
There are two main reasons why this could be happening:
- Check that you are running IFP version 3.2 or later.
- You may not have access rights to use AutoTasks. Please contact your Local Administrator to check this.