This topic shows you how to import Crosstab Library files into your IFP databases.
How to Import
- Download the files at the end of the topic and Save them in a suitable folder (don't try to open these files!).
- Ensure that you save the files with an extension .ifp.
- You may find that the default file type provided when you save the files is .xml. If so, change the Save as type option to All files and ensure that the file name has a .ifp extension.
- If the files are provided in a zip file you will need to extract these before importing.
- From IFP Home select Reporting > Crosstabulation Definition Manager.
- Choose a folder to import the definition into.
- On the toolbar click Tools > Import.
- Select the file(s) and click Open.
I cannot import the saved crosstab definition into IFP
This will probably be due to you saving the definition file with a .xml file extension., To rectify this problem, download the file again and ensure that the file extension remains at .ifp.
I have already got a crosstab definition with the same name as the new file. What should I do?
If this new file is definitely going to replace the old file, you can overwrite it by saving it with the same file name. Remember you will lose any changes that have been made to an existing definition when it is overwritten.
If you wish to retain the old file then make a copy of it before importing the new file.