A forecast for the current year will include the following:
- Actual data for the year to date
- Projection data for the remainder of the year.
It is normally good practice to base the projection on a previous forecast created for the same period. To create such forecasts proceed as follows:
- Use Data File Manager to create a new forecast Summary file.
Create a forecast file, then select a Suffix for this file (e.g. WK1) and a label (e.g. 10WK1Fcst1).
- Ensure that the file is using the correct default set of exchange rates.
- Ensure that these exchange rates are updated before proceeding.
- Assign the file to the correct default set of standard costs (Sales databases only).
Copy actual data into the selected forecast file for the year to date.
Copy the actual data for January-April to the previously created WK1 Forecast file.
- Lock the forecast file for the year to date
- Copy a suitable previous forecast into the selected forecast file for the remainder of the year.
Copy the Plan file for May-December into the previously created WK1 file.
- Use Standard Actual/Forecast Editor to edit forecast data.