A forecast for the current year will include the following:
- Actual data for the year to date
- Projection data for the remainder of the year.
It is normally good practice to base the projection on a previous forecast created for the same period. To create such forecasts proceed as follows:
- Use Data File Manager to create a new forecast Summary file.
Create a forecast file, then select a Suffix for this file (e.g. WK1) and a label (e.g. 10WK1Fcst1).
- Ensure that the file is using the correct default set of exchange rates.
- Ensure that these exchange rates are updated before proceeding.
- Assign the file to the correct default set of standard costs (Sales databases only).
- Copy actual data into the selected forecast file for the year to date.
Copy the actual data for January-April to the previously created WK1 Forecast file.
- Lock the forecast file for the year to date
- Copy a suitable previous forecast into the selected forecast file for the remainder of the year.
Copy the Plan file for May-December into the previously created WK1 file.
- Use Standard Actual/Forecast Editor to edit forecast data.