This topic provides you with information on adding a new database into IFP. To add a database you will require a .zip file of the database you wish to add.
Adding the Database
To add the new database:
- From IFP Home, select Databases/Files > Database Manager.
- Select All Databases in the left navigation.
- Click Add on the toolbar.
- Browse for the new database .zip file, the database settings will be added automatically
- Complete the fields using the information provided with your database on the General (path for database), Environment Settings and Currency Settings tabs in turn.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Note that the Local Id and Base Currency fields should not normally be changed once set as doing so can cause undesirable consequences in your database e.g. Packages may no longer run.