When you Build a Project, there are two stages of validation:
- Each item is validated to check for any missing Packages or Dashboards. These are highlighted in the Project Editor and must be resolved before continuing. See Missing Packages or Dashboards.
- IFP checks for incomplete items as each Package or Dashboard is run. The build will stop with the problem item selected and error information will be displayed in the output window. See Incomplete Packages.
If a Package or Dashboard was not found, it may have been renamed or deleted since the Project was last built. The Project Editor will highlight all missing items:
To resolve this:
- Note the name of all missing Packages / Dashboards and close the Project Editor.
- From IFP Home select either Reporting or Advanced Reporting, then Package Manager.
- Select the correct Item Type.
- Check for the correct Package name or create a new Package as necessary.
- Edit the Project item(s) as necessary to correct the issues.
If a Package fails to run, the most common reason is that it is incomplete. Consider that a Package references a Data Favourite and an Item Favourite; furthermore a Data Favourite may reference a Report Definition. If one or more of these components is missing, the Package will not run. The Project Editor will display error information in the output window: