This topic is intended for those restricting access to data files in IFP 3.2.6 and later.
This topic shows how to restrict a user’s access to a particular Data File suffix. Note that these restrictions will apply to that suffix for all years.
- From IFP Home, select Databases/Files > Data File Manager.
- From any Year, select the Data File with the suffix you wish to restrict.
- From the toolbar select Properties.
- Change to the Permissions tab where you review the permissions.
- If the permissions need changing, click Edit Permissions.
- On Edit Data File Permisions, untick those users who should be restricted from this file for either Read Permissions, Write Permissions or both.
- Click Apply Changes and then Close.
Note: Removing Read or Write permission from the Default Profile will remove that permission for all users who do not have an individual User Profile.
Removing Read permission will prevent the user from viewing and removing. Write permission will prevent the user editing any file with that specific data file suffix. It will also update their User Profile or automatically create one for them if they did not previously have one.