If there are currently data stored in a data file against specific item codes that need to be cleared, but not the whole file (e.g. when importing just a section of data), then copy zeros into the data file for those item codes:
- From IFP Home select Databases/Files > Data File Manager
- Select the ZERO file
Note: If this file does not currently exist, you should create a new data file.
- Select Copy
- Select Target file suffix and year (this is the file you wish to clear)
- Set the Period you wish to clear and click Next
- Under Item Selection include the item codes you wish to clear - by direct selection, classification variable or item code rule (see Item Selection). Click Next.
- Run Data Copy and ensure there are no warning messages
- If this is regular task, you can Save as an AutoTask on the final screen
Please sign in to leave a comment.