You may be asked to send a database backup as part of a support ticket, to allow the AJB Systems Support team to replicate your issue and provide a solution.
These backups are only intended for investigating support issues and are not a replacement for creating your own local backups.
Creating and Sending the backup
- Load the database you wish to make a backup of, if not already loaded.
- From IFP Home select Help and Support > Send Database Backup to Support...
- Add notes to inform support of the reason for the backup.
- [Optional] Insert your support ticket number if you have one. You can find this on your email notification.
- Enter your email address
- If you specifically need to include your data files, check the Include Data Files box (this is available from IFP 3.3.9 onwards - in versions before this, data files are included automatically).
- [Optional] Check/uncheck the Send audit log box - usually sending the audit log will help us in resolving your issue quicker, so check this if possible (this is available from IFP 3.3.9 onwards - in versions before this, audit log would need to be sent separately).
- Click Send backup.
Your database backup will be securely transferred to support who will then look into your issue.
If a backup fails to upload (older versions of IFP or .Net) then you can Save Backup on the Send Database Backup to Support dialog. This will create a secure backup which can then be sent to support by any means, e.g. email.
Your backup will be encrypted using industry-standard techniques and securely transferred to AJB Systems Support. Only AJB Systems Support can open your database backup.
How to send a database backup to support in under 60 seconds.
Sending a Local Backup to Support
If you need to send a Local Backup to Support you should do the following:
- From IFP Home select Databases/Files > Database Manager > Backups
- Select the Local Backup to send from the backups list
- From the Toolbar select Tools > Send to Support and then continue as Step 3 above.