The Crosstabulation Definition Editor allows you to define the columns and settings required for your Crosstabulation Analyses. To create a new Crosstabulation Definition:
- From IFP Home select Reporting > Tools > Crosstabulation Definition Manager
- Select a folder to save the Crosstabulation Definition in. To create a new folder, right-click Public Files (visible to everyone) or My Files (visible to you only) and select New Folder.
- Click Add on the toolbar to open the Crosstabulation Definition Editor.
- The General tab allows you to set the name e.g. Analysis by Customer and add notes on its usage.
- (Optional) Select the Classification Variable(s) required for the analysis.
Where more than one classification variable is selected, the definitions of each column must be created using concatenated codes for the selected variables in the same order as they appear in the list. For example, if Customer and Product Group were selected here then column definitions must use codes in the format [Product Group][Customer]
- (Optional) Select whether to Output Total Column and/or a % Total Column in the analysis.
Output Total Column adds a column showing the total value of all columns in the report .
Output %Total Column adds columns showing each defined column's value as a percentage of the overall for each row of theh report. This can only be used in conjunction with the Output Total Column option.
- Select the Column Definitions tab, which will allow you to define the columns required in the analysis.
- Save the Crosstabulation Definition before closing the editor
Note: A selection of pre-defined Crosstabs can be downloaded from our Crosstab Definition Library.