This topic is for those using IFP 3.3.9 and earlier. Those using IFP 3.4.0 or later should see Resetting another User's Password.
Standard Edition: You must be a member of the Administrators Role to do this.
Enterprise Edition: You must have the Allow Manage Users Group Policy rule enabled to do this.
If another user has forgotten their password, you can reset it for them as follows:
- From IFP Home, select Databases/Files > Database Manager.
- Standard Edition: Select Users under Security in the left navigation.
Enterprise Edition: Select the Organisational Unit (OU) under Security in the left navigation.
- Double-click the relevant user account to open the User Account Details dialog.
- Click Set Password and set a temporary password for that user (usually password1).
- Make sure the Account is Disabled field is unchecked. This will be checked if the user entered a wrong password too many times i.e. had locked their account.
- The user will be prompted to change their password at next login.