This topic is for those using IFP 3.4.0 and later.
We strongly recommend that you have a verified email address linked to your IFP User account. This will allow you to reset your password should you forget it.
Verifying your email address
This is done using My account details.
- From IFP Home select your username in the top right-hand corner.
- Click Change Email… (if email is blank) or Verify or Change (if email is already entered)
- On the Verify Email dialog, add/check your email address and click Send Verification Code.
- An email will be sent with a verification code.
- Check your email and copy the code. Paste this in the Code field and click Verify.
- If the correct code is entered within the timeframe you will see a confirmation message that Your email address has been verified.
Your Email Address will now have a green tick next to it, indicating it has been verified. If your email address has not been verified you will see a yellow exclamation mark next to your name on IFP Home.
My email address was not verified
This may be due to the verification time period expiring for the code. If so, you will receive a message as shown below and will need to request a new code using the instructions above.
This could also be due to you entering the incorrect verification code into the Code field. If so you will see the below message and should check that you are entering the correct code.