There may be occasions where a user needs to be moved from one Organisational Unit (OU) to another. This can be done in Database Manager by a Regional or Local Administrator (depending upon security settings).
Using this method is recommended over deleting and recreating the user. If you delete the user, their User Profiles and other personal settings will be lost.
Moving the User
To move a user:
- From IFP Home select Databases/Files > Database Manager.
- Right-click the current OU the user is a member of, select Properties > Members.
- Select the relevant user(s) and click Remove. The users aren't deleted - they are just moved to a "holding area".
- Right-click the new OU, select Properties > Members, click Add and select the relevant user(s).
- Check users at each level can login OK.
Please sign in to leave a comment.