You must have the Allow Manage Users Group Policy rule enabled to create users. This is normally enabled for Local and Regional Administrators.
- From IFP Home, select Databases/Files > Database Manager.
- Select the Organisational Unit (OU) under Security in the left navigation. All existing users in that OU will be displayed in the right pane.
- Click Add on the toolbar to show the User Properties dialog.
- Enter a User ID and Full Name for the new user in the relevant fields. The new user's password will be password1. They will be required to change this when they first log in.
- Select the Database Access tab. By default, Database Access settings are inherited from the OU. However, if you wish to change the settings for an individual user, uncheck the "Use settings from..." checkbox.
- Click OK to create the new user account.
- You cannot create users in the Organisational Unit (OU) that you belong to e.g. if you belong to Local Admins, you cannot create another Local Admin user. You can however create users in Normal Users.
- Regional Administrators can create users at any level, in any OU.
- We recommend that database access settings are made at the OU level rather than for individual users.