Packages may be run in a number of ways in IFP. The principle is however the same regardless of which type of package (report, graph, editor) is being opened.
Run from IFP Home
- Select the required Main Menu and Sub Menu item e.g. Reporting > Analysis vs Time. The Reports Wizard opens.
- On the Data Selection Method page, select Use Package. The Select Package File dialog opens.
- Select the required Package from the list and click OK.
- Click Next in the Wizard. The Package information is read then the Create the Report page appears.
- Click Finish. The Package is displayed in the Document Viewer.
Run from the Document Viewer
Packages may also be run while viewing other content in the Document Viewer. This powerful feature allows you to perform tasks such as:
- Viewing Reports and Graphs side-by-side.
- Analysing how changes made in a Forecast Editor affect data in an alternative report format.
Any number of packages may be run at any one time and reorganised by dragging tabs around the document viewer.
- In the Document Viewer, select File > New and choose the required report or graph type.
- Select the required package as above. Continue to the end of the wizard.
- The package is opened in a new tab beside the previous report / graph / editor.
- You may now choose to reposition the package to view it side-by-side with others.