Data Files are created, edited and deleted using the Data File Manager.
- From IFP Home, select Databases/Files > Data File Manager
- To create a standard data file, select Summary > [year] (e.g. 2015):
- Click Add to open the Data File Properties dialog:
- Select either Actuals or Forecast
- Either select a Suffix from the drop-down list or enter a custom suffix
- Enter a suitable Label. (The default label is determined by the selected suffix and year, but many users will adopt their own coding convention.)
- Select the relevant Exchange Rates
- Click OK to create the data file.
While users are editing forecasts for any cycle, actual data in the current year forecast file must not be changed. You can use the Status tab to lock the Data File as needed. See Locking Forecast Files for more information.
For IFP 3.2.6 and later, Data File Permissions can be set on the Permissions tab in Data File Properties (see Restricting Access to Data Files).
The Data File Manager video tutorial also covers creating data files.