Headcount data may be included in P&L databases by using external variables with actual/forecast data stored in external variable files.
This data may be used for simple headcount reports or headcount ratio analyses by use of appropriate report definitions.
To create external variables for headcount data proceed as follows:
- Select Codes Maintenance > External Variables Maintenance
- Select all items (default)
- Enter New Code, Description and Variable Type for each headcount variable required
- These should be carefully constructed in order to support convenient coding in report definitions
- Always include the word 'HEADS' in the same positions in each code to enable easy identification of all headcount variables
- Use a fixed number of characters to differentiate between individual headcount variables, e.g. 4 characters are used above (CONF, GENF, HRTF)
- Variable types are 0 (Units), 1 (Value) and 2 (Index or Percentage)
- All headcount variables should have variable type 0 (Units)
Headcount Data Maintenance
- Select Forecasting > External Variable Values Editor
- Select relevant external; variables file, e.g. 2012 Plan
- Select relevant headcount variables, e.g. ????HEADS
- Edit monthly headcount data
- Save updated data
Many different report definitions may be created via Report Definition Manager. These report definitions may include the following types of line:
Expense Data Lines
Headcount Data Lines
Headcount Ratio Lines
Many different report and graphical formats are available using the above report defintions.
A simple example is shown from Analysis vs Time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.